Tuesday, September 2, 2014

62 pounds down and making moves

SO I am still losing weight ...which is great but at a much slower pace. It is a bit frustrating but at least I am still making progress. My main goal is to weight 150 pounds. Right now I am 213 pounds which is huge improvement from 275 but I have a long way to go to hit the 150 pound mark.

In other news:
I am also happy to announce that I am finally moving back to north jersey. After 3 years, my husband and I are finally making the move back to our own place. Now the only issue I have is finding employment closer to my new apartment. For a while, I was looking for a salary job where I use my talents in writing and social media.  Not a easy task since I do not have a bachelors degree. I have tons of experience and college credits, but without a degree, job offers are few. Looks like a piece of paper is the golden ticket to be a staff writer and editor at any major magazine. 

So after some career and soul searching, I decided to concentrate on my own brand.  Though I am looking for a job in fashion to pay the bills but I am no longer looking for a career at any magazine or website. Don't get me wrong, if I get offered a salary job at a magazine or website, I am taking it! I am being realistic, focusing on my brand is a better career move for me in this publishing job market. Gearing my efforts and energy on making moves for Heavy on Fashion, Milan Malan Word on the Street, and Just Malanb is high on my priority list. 

I know this journey of being healthy and fulfilling my dreams will not be a easy one but I am very optimistic that it will be fantastic! 

No comments: