Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Workout Wednesday - DVD Yoga is becoming my new BF

I tried many different exercises as of late to assist me in my weightloss journey but nothing has stuck with me thus far except yoga. I tried Tai Chi, which was a experience but not a great one. I loved the Richard Simmons dancing to the oldies but I found myself looking for a bigger challenge. Which is a good thing because it shows that my body is building muscle and growing stronger.

Side Note: If you are looking to start off your weight loss / exercise journey and looking for a low impact exercise program, than please buy Richard Simmons Sweating to the oldies dvd set. I would sugesst buying the box set, that way you can alternate workouts throughout the week and not get bored. It is great.  Richard Simmons Sweating to the oldies dvd set helps you to feel better about yourself both phyiscally and mentally. I loved that I saw people that were my size doing the exercises on the dvd, so I knew that I can do it too. Great Job Richard!

Any who! So I found myself digging through my dvd collection and pulling out my Yoga DVD's.  I tell you I am so happy that I didn't sell those Dvds a few years back. With A.M. & P.M. Yoga - Conditioning For Weight Loss by Gaim, I found myself able to do most of the posture and feeling a real burn. I do the AM yoga in the morning which helps to get my day going. I have to say I love the PM practice because it helps relieve all the stress and worry I have accumulated throught out the day and helps me to focus on what is really important. Oh, and did mention that it is a full workout.  Actually, I am a bit sore today.

Though I am willing to be try a live yoga class in the future, I have to say DVD yoga is becoming my new BF!

No comments: